[Bell Historians] English chimes in India

Peter Rivet peter at -iKCy6KIKh2FGQA1-jW__XttP94hr_vDQ7IeuuMpN4YRYzYm0r8b3CTMdWMiFaY_YfmXRuFPT4cFcvbrCg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 1 16:27:08 GMT 2007

Carl's list doesn't include the Warner chime of 8 at St James, Calcutta (on
the east side of Acharya Chandra Bose Road, opposite Mother Teresa's Mission
of Charity), which I was able to look at in December 2003.  They are dated
1864 and hang in the NW tower.  GAD's information from The Builder gives the
weight of the tenor as 9cwt.  I wasn't able to get close enough to measure
its diameter but I think it's unlikely that Warners supplied any other chime
to Calcutta at the same time.

Peter Rivet