[Bell Historians] Re: Bill Butler

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at DA-TvVADhbsJw5Qo_kiCSWttuoudqFAoWrjejRdWHvwKFQelT3WcNkS477uqJjD_RmjsSct_BY_iJJx5kic.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 13 10:25:38 GMT 2007

Bill Butler will become the 28th to ring three thousand peals. See
http://www.craddock.haisoft.co.uk/pealbase/kilo.php for details.

Andrew Bull

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Offen
Sent: 12 January 2007 22:49
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Bill Butler

--- In bellhistorians@ <mailto:bellhistorians%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "Alan F. Ellis" <alan_ellis at ...>
wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> Thank you for the information.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Alan

I notice Bill rang his 2,999th peal yesterday - congratulations to him!

How many 3,000 pealers are there now?

When I was a youngster we all marvelled at Ernest Morris reaching the
seemingly unattainable total of 2,000 peals. Now, 2,000 pealers are a
a common occurrence and there are quite a few who have rung 3,000.

Who will be the first to ring 5,000? Will it be Colin Turner?

Looking at Chris Pickford's hands after turning the tenor in at St
Peter's Cathedral, Adelaide the other day, I don't think it'll be him :-
)