[Bell Historians] Re: Bill Butler

Richard Offen richard.offen at pI3tdpMXNWorvzW0VaiVoc2CetAZsV7LFdDvUCr9NaYEf2CAGOAWFPkqSZH9B7rCfx04tU8eteS-6-5xSG6t8aDSTA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 12 22:49:03 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan F. Ellis" <alan_ellis at ...>
wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> Thank you for the information.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Alan

I notice Bill rang his 2,999th peal yesterday - congratulations to him!

How many 3,000 pealers are there now?

When I was a youngster we all marvelled at Ernest Morris reaching the
seemingly unattainable total of 2,000 peals.   Now, 2,000 pealers are a
a common occurrence and there are quite a few who have rung 3,000.

Who will be the first to ring 5,000?   Will it be Colin Turner?

Looking at Chris Pickford's hands after turning the tenor in at St
Peter's Cathedral, Adelaide the other day, I don't think it'll be him :-
)