Orange

Richard Offen richard.offen at UJYCOjoLf3MUvo_fKEOYWG5PWzznAbLge-WwtI3Q5elo4DyZ-RjJ2ww5GGNCK0UjkRuKhsSRULaWqdJk-quh346vQcg.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jan 17 03:38:35 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David & Mary Kelly"
<keltek at ...> wrote:

> Thanks to Mike pointing out that our web site needs updating. The
details are as Mike says:

> 3rd ex-Scarborough, Holy Trinity
> 4th ex-Trinity House buoy bell
> 6th ex-Sittingbourne
> 7th ex-Wokingham, All Saints (3rd)
> tenor ex-Kidderminster (7th)
>
> Dave, Sec K.T.

As it was only stored at Sittingbourne and never hung there,
shouldn't the sixth really be classified as 'ex-Croydon'?

What a shame that the two tenors at Orange couldn't have been
modern, harmonically tuned bells rather than an old Rudhall (much as
I love certain Rudhall rings!) and one by Chris Pickford's favourite
founder, Thomas Mears II!

To my mind the otherwise excellent new ring at St James', Sydney is
somewhat marred by a tired sounding Rudhall tenor trying to compete
with seven good Taylor bells.   I know it's all a question of
availability and economics, but a shame none the less.