Devon Bells

Alan Bagworth alanbagworth at pkXj2KmBeZFfw1q85GbMiCiyY0mFGkj6w-KGpK65jFzIYjYA3KoZvy_6fE2-4HLcTat4wg97zZzDDg88hha8XA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 19 10:44:59 GMT 2007

I was pleased to receive my copy last week by the post office and have
been studying part 2 .
I have found a few errors and omissions which may have occurred during
type setting.
In alphabetical order:-
Ashburton     Some of the weights are missing, they were displayed on a
board in the tower, this was before the 3 and 4 were recast.
Lundy Island     The notes given for the trebles are not in correct
relationship with the original eight, which are right?.
Mortoe         The notes for given for the peal  are incorrect, the
tenor is recorded as A# in Dove.
Plymouth St Andrew      The two trebles were replaced and not recast as
they were sent to other churches.
Sidbury      The notes for the 4 and 5 are transposed and the 7 should
be F#.
Thornbury   The note of the 2 should be Eb.
Withycombe Raleigh   The notes for the two new trebles are incorrect,
they should be Bb and Ab.

I am very appreciative of the amount of work that has gone into these
two volumes.

Alan