Bell historians (fwd)

Frank King Frank.King at DedBLSF3O13_zbipWBuu5gyBHsBDQAEjIdjMhEDlglXfvPBArQCCd2Mi1s4Z0mjscNGCmAyXUKNoSHUBwXB2Y9M.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 20 18:23:16 GMT 2007

Anne Willis has asked me to forward this.

[Can someone speculate as to why she is
having trouble sending messages directly?
I have removed her HTML which may be the
cause.  I forget the local rules on this
but I never touch the stuff myself!]

Anne is absolutely right about Mrs Beeton's
technique and foundry-men seemed to be able
to do the same thing, but it would have been
horribly painful on the eyes!

Frank King

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Anne Willis" <zen16073 at 3Y3Kek4uI1AxCYndxrPBwEHCV3HBd1Q9IMjhcQF0IkfhgaeUOmvguaJLIjWhyTHY2RE_GNTyWGN_oaadXA.yahoo.invalid>
To: "'Frank King'" <Frank.King at 7d6dkP_Amh463rPinvCEt2-aulnmLMoC2erdEltUatAhFUyE6rSG1bv6e_dbqkIZJ1zMHqYHmOtiBbZMzVtxRx0H.yahoo.invalid>
Subject: Bell historians
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:08:53 -0000

Once again I can't get an answer onto the list.
Could you please forward the comment below to
bell historians.

Thanks

Anne Willis

There's a fascinating section in Trevor Jennings'
'Master of my Art' in which the pattern of boiling
when the metal mix is just right is described.

What intrigued me is that it sounded very like
Mrs Beeton's description of jam boiling when it
has reached setting point, which I find works
very well.

Anne

------- End of Forwarded Message