Big bells non carillon

George Dawson george at JIw0fl5E6V8_AvTrjc7HLb0Z-UPYnKOKM-l1_akKibUfORXlSpEljgS75Tb9AxZLrTld8PBmsmEoT6J62fPPXFyUsg.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jan 31 09:25:29 GMT 2007

What about the Eijsbouts bell cast last year 150.5" dia weighing 36250Kg now
in Japan??

GAD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Pickford
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:16 AM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Big bells in Oz

As intimated in my earlier posting, I have a note of the exact weight of
this bell at home - but not here "down under". But I see from another list
that it's given as 98 cwt so perhaps not quite 5 tons.

Another bell to compete with it for Carl's purpose is the 123 cwt Taylor
hour bell at Shanghai Custom House, cast in 1927. Is that bell still there?
If so, it caps Sydney for heaviest not in a carillon outside Eurpoe and
North America

CP