[Bell Historians] Did Harrison have a point

Andrew Wilby andrew at yrH72MLHE7amgoXQ5qF6osL0-MaQG4hLMwkp1RoZ7tM9NkmOHJiZULnat6Ws3s3dSqn2etA0W95gE6rSbg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 10 11:40:50 BST 2007

<so why haven't lighter bells and
appropriate clappering been developed to produce a deep full tone with
slightly less volume?
Possibly a T shaped clapper swinging through about half the normal ark,
a composite structure with the impacting material at each end of the top
of the T.>

Urm.... handbells?

Andrew