Holy Trinity, Hobart.

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at BvhWTrf_HL8fYJlpitz-5XN72nUus7EAXtfDYdtW-dYbNV5wdAcnZElECH9Z6n9xsQkRhx-abZUi2szXKRUKg3zw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 17 22:13:01 BST 2007

I rang in the 1st peal there after restoration in the 1980s and am
on the peal board in the tower. I do hope something can be done to
preserve the bells.

David

 --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Offen"
<richard.offen at ...> wrote:
> I certainly will endorse this plea for help.
>
> This is an absolutely classic case of a very special town church
with
> a dwindling congregation becoming redundant.   I the UK, once
> declared redundant, the church would probably have been
automatically
> vested with the Churches Conservation Trust, but no such
organisation
> exists in this country.   As a result, this heritage listed church
is
> likely to be deconsecrated (I've often wondered if this ceremony
> involved the Bishop knocking on the inside of the church door and
> being let out!) and an alternative use found for the building.
>
> John Smith will be able to give those interested more detail, but
it
> sounds as if the bells will have to be relocated in order to save
> them.  I think this is a very great shame as the ring is
contemporary