[Bell Historians] St Nicholas, Cork - Bells.

David Bryant David.Bryant at M7xxRglgqM9fwEDOO_aaCTIbmUNFkW5RWlLohwWXf-yaCHYUjR4OEQ6CGcX64PmlDZzvnCVPQpQkoapAC3TH.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 1 15:06:57 BST 2007

"Confidentiality is important; and if one is doing a job in confidence,
one keeps the confidence or gives up doing the job. I still do the PM
Report information slot for the Council, although I no longer serve on
it. There have been times when I have really felt that the information I
have given deserved passing on at the time to the CCC CfRB and to
Keltek."

I accept that this is a valid point and you can only do what you are
permitted to do, but let's be honest - if a church doesn't know that
they are a potential candidate for redundancy then in most cases they
must have their heads in the sand. At a local level, the CofE is hardly
good at keeping secrets and anyone who knows the right people and keeps
their ear to the ground generally gets to hear what is on the cards. Not
to mention that in most cases those churches being considered for
redundancy will be the ones with ailing congregations anyway.