Re Hanley St John

Alan Birney alanjbirney at NUjj9sRrPaX53RPdFUtdPMJLGHugrBrDEwBm8YBp9HfgaeSf47E_q7LtC7ZeGDjpAOsppH-DhGssGVJi5q0w.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jun 3 12:42:12 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Jack" <djack7 at ...>
wrote:

> The Peal Boards have now been removed for safe keeping. There are 7
viz:-
> 1893 Oct 14 Grandsire Caters
> 1895 Oct 14 Grandsire Triples
> 1916 Apr 8 Grandsire Triples
> 1935 May - 4 Quarters
> 1938 Jun 12 Stedman Triples
> 1956 Oct 27 Plain Bob Major
> 1963 Sep 29 Plain Bob Major
> They are in better condition than expected.
> Application has also been made for Listed Building Consent to
remove the
> bells - time scale 2 months, but expect six, and quotations sought
for
> their removal.

       Whilst on the subject of peal boards, one (I think) from
Denholme was planned to be stored at Lightcliffe- Peter Kirby will be
able to tell more. I think the peal board records a peal on the old
bells.

Alan