Dunham Massey

Mike Chester mike at E1tj2kHKFy5IXyr0sizlD9uI3qD_1iCKjzM5X5ykQldw3qjPXLVldgjU_-_-ed1RG4S5nePnVFHWc1pWAig2HuEyjP0.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 4 22:47:39 BST 2007

I seem to remember that we could not find details of the former chime
at Dunham Massey.  I bumped into Peter Dyson at the CC Meeting and
asked the question.  He says that the details are as follows;-

1  G    1' 7 1/2"   2   2   14
2  F    1' 8 1/4"   2   3   11
3  E    1' 8 3/4"   2   3   7
4  D    1' 9 3/4"   3   0   5
5  C    1' 10 3/4"  3   1   14
6  B    1' 11 1/4"  3   0   17
7  A    2' 0 1/2"   3   2   3
8  G    2' 1 1/2"   3   3   1
   F#   2' 1 1/2"   3   2   18
9  F    2' 3 1/2"   4   0   21
10 E    2' 3 7/8"   4   2   8
11 D    2' 5 1/2"   5   0   5
12 C    2' 7 1/4"   5   1   3
13 B    2' 8 1/2"   6   1   19

TOTAL WEIGHT       54   1   6

Data per a letter from JT & Co 15 Nov 1994. The chime was originally
cast 1857-1858.

I suppose that this makes them a chime of 12 with a 9# and extra
tenor.

Mike