[Bell Historians] Confidentiality

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at jmF28rMbQqT-9bpcwikb0K73a3ePCAHrVg__AyQT2u4Uyb3WCavP83U55wRupyzDAk4KWgNJucsSKIaj9dJ06Ic2QzKJ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 5 09:36:55 BST 2007

The way these things are done is puzzling. An example is Layston Herts. where all is not finalised, yet Rumble and Edwards, estate agents of St Albans have the church on there  books. 2 of the 3 bells in this tower are of historic importance.
(I still need to do more on this.)

________________________________

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David & Mary Kelly
Sent: 03 June 2007 13:52
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Confidentiality

*** WARNING ***

David Cawley is correct when he says that the Keltek Trust receives copies of the Pastoral Measure Reports. We find these very useful as it gives an advance warning of what is happening. We feel that we cannot act on these though we would like to do so; but in a few cases ringers contact us to say that they have seen a newspaper report, television news item or heard from another source that xyz church is closing. We do act on these as we can prove our actions are not as a result of seeing the PM report. A recent example is St Bartholomew, Blackburn (Ewood) where we cantacted the diocesan furnishings officer quoting a newspaper report. It has resulted in the acquisition of four bells which hopefully will all go to "ringing" homes.
Another case is Bacup, St Saviour where the news about the church closing was published on a ringers chatlist. We have suggested a possible home in Lancashire for these bells to the Manchester diocese bells adviser should efforts to relocate them within the diocese fail.
An example of where we have been unable to act is Rimswell in East Yorkshire where we have a PM report but had no independant information that the church was closing and it now looks like it will be sold complete with the bell. Incidently we had expected the York diocese bell adviser would have been informed of the impending closure (as per the terms of the voluntary code of practice for redundant bells in Yorkshire) but the first he new of it is when someone contacted him about the proposed sale.
Dave

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132