Steel bells

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at nsTl75ZOmsL0KpyyeCEkqxvTAOLGya_aij94U3maKpJ44uJ1cHIudn01zkyrPRA9EFt7-KsonmVFCttwfhF_qe9k6Q.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 18 09:37:37 BST 2007

I've had a look at some of the youtube european bells and they are
quite fascinating.

David

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hibbert" <bill at ...>
wrote:

> We've discussed German steel bells before, but those who are
interested
> in bell acoustics might enjoy the following video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnyiy7meg9g
> There are several similar videos. This bell at Kevelaer was cast
in the
> 1950s by Bochumer. It is almost exactly true-harmonic and I think
> lovely piece of work. Things of interest to note from the video
include:
> * the bell seems to have been painted or treated on the outside to
stop
> it rusting - though a photo of the Bochumer steel bells at
Dortmund
> shows they are rusty on the inside
> * note the counterweight above the bell.
>
> Wikipedia tells me that Bochumer etopped casting bells in the 60s.
If