[Bell Historians] Leighton Buzzard

David Cawley dave at RZgKvIEeEIGnumef2OevFkn2YEb_t2YnbmaisO_Vmv1hWpHKMn1ewvBV--q1cXStGE989idTJR_bxsVKFKPOCEXrNQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 22 15:55:04 BST 2007

With respect to Michael and other contributors on this topic, is "bell historians" the place to air this one?

There have been some excellent and interesting contributions this last week or so. They were preceded by what seemed to me at any rate to be a batch of "ringability"-type postings which seemed to be more suited to other sites.

Michael's question is of course quite justified, but surely elsewhere?

Sorry

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Wilby
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 2:27 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Leighton Buzzard

  I've been browsing on the tower web site and found the following on
  the front page:

  "After repair and strengthening work on the tower, the Architect has
  requested that there are no peals, and that the number of visiting
  bands is limited."

  http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~findhorn/lbr/lbr.htm

  Is this message out of date?

  If not it seems rather strange considering they have a weekly practice
  of 90 minutes, are allowing the Beds Assn to have them on an open day
  for a similar length of time, and have recently published whole host
  of quarters.

  It's great pity this magnificent 12 cannot be pealed.