Upper partials

George Dawson george at 6TJ2qzI6PFm1vjb3ZnWCqcfG37kKGXcwbhYKztMTQuLI1fGcD5VhKXNX3yUeO-GmP-GECVN4779CSEPPa81YITZ7QLneUDs.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jun 24 09:56:44 BST 2007

I don't think that it should be considered remarkable that steel bells
should be any different to bronze ones in their behaviour. After all you are
only substituting one material (brone) for another.
Certainly German steel bells that I have seen have have decent relationships
between their partials, and they have a proper profile, albeit continental,
whereas NV bells seem to have a handbell thickness profile, which is in
accord with what Bill says.

I  look forward to the full write-up being published.

GAD

I Remarkably, steel bells also fit the model exactly; the analysis shows
that Naylor Vickers bells are far too thin and that had they been cast
to the same thickness as bronze bells they would have sounded like them.

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5029388/grpspId=1707285820/msgId
=12439/stime=1182672105/nc1=3848443/nc2=3848502/nc3=4617365>