[Bell Historians]ST JOSEPH'S COLLEGE WIGAN - EVEN MORE neglected bells from urban Exploration,

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at CH7tQL9X0N5X_YPZIOqIKB5SN_eruVFSs_nkV3HGSPlH0j8HXR5GJnx9LpQ9wjE0iUMsMRo-SdZSARLyI5c.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 1 09:17:51 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at ...> wrote:
> Returning to HANLEY - surely the momentum must be kept up. So far as
their quality is concerned I have spoken to a couple of people who
have rung there and heard them outside. Within there is a long draught
and the four trebles hanging over the top are not very clear. Outside
the trebles are very loud, but the ten are describwed as tonally an
excellent ring.

> What with these and the Regal bells we seem to be in rather a dark
age. Thank goodness DrL has unearthed the latter. How good it would be
if they could be acquired as a unit and hung as a true carillon with a
baton clavier.

> DLC

I rang at Hanley in the late 70s and can confirm that they were a fine
ring.