[Bell Historians]ST JOSEPH'S COLLEGE WIGAN - EVEN MORE neglected bells from urban Exploration,

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at eh_5dmtIHC03uHrlC3CBU-hL-bkW_wBfSYIB7_3349vRnjNWtaAZXl4skMabgLADHCRC6gdp1jJQ-vpD89G-.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 1 11:34:25 GMT 2007

> I rang at Hanley in the late 70s and can confirm that they were a
fine
> ring.
>
> David

You are of course entitled to your opinion in the same way as anyone
else. I have never heard of Hanley 'tripping off the tongue' in the
same terms as Chewton Mendip, Manchester Town Hall, Heavitree and a
great many others of all sorts of weights. As I said previously,
ringers' opinions of bells vary for many reasons, one being the quality
of the ringing achieved on them, and nothing to do with the sound.