[Bell Historians] Gloucester Cathedral

Richard Offen richard.offen at SSogrqqoks4nhuZRNQn9WD_ZGxJ5bbHUXMmtZTQDaQA4TQys22TrrpAH5x7wc7eMRofbmi63j58xWlXiPEwi66Eg.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 3 14:51:46 GMT 2007

> > I would go further and say why not provide a completely new 'back
> end'. I can't understand why the old bells were retained when the
> restoration/augmantation was done. Ipswich and Nottingham eventually
> discarded their retained old bells.

As has so often been the case, I think you'll find they were retained
because of lack of funds to do anything else.   I also seem to remember
Gilbert Turlow telling me that the Cathedrals Advisory Committee
desired them to be retained.

Richard