[Bell Historians] Gloucester Cathedral

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at thsLVZh57_I3YfFWsSIZ42yE0nxY2jCWSs6YARVatTEcSVyLDiDzlwjRRj6Gd2FLT7dTv_Jg_Khl2KmoHAE75Ug.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 3 14:15:30 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Bull" <a_m_bull at ...>
wrote:

> I'd say it would be a good opportunity to recast the Rudhall
growlers! As
> they stood, Gloucester were hardly a "rewarding" twelve to ring on.
>

> I would go further and say why not provide a completely new 'back
end'. I can't understand why the old bells were retained when the
restoration/augmantation was done. Ipswich and Nottingham eventually
discarded their retained old bells.