[Bell Historians] Re: Stanton St John

Sue Marsden erincaters at 75EdDie176myMAwO_9KqB3Ms7HvVIJYnqqPWdBiTMuYx4T_I3JspIhoUKUH7jL0HKOG5kiLD7C_3PXCQiJWKG_w.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 13 14:24:42 GMT 2007

.   That having been said, there are always
> those towers where such work has galvanized a parish into action to
> carry out a full resotration.
>

> Richard

This is true. A church near me was restored by a local D-I-Y group.
The tower had ben unringable for many years and the church had been
put off by the high cost of a 'professional' restoration. After the
bells wre made ringable a local band was formed. The bells were not
the easiest to ring but it was perfectly possible to teach learners
(and children) on them. After a while a re-hang  with new fittings was
undertaken (not without problems but that is another story) and the
band has gone from strength to strength.
SEM