[Bell Historians] Re: Stanton St John

David Bryant David.Bryant at r87JqxgDc_dLqq8WjIPUeMiM7JUA6AKP-M9SLhxdVyHBWa3dot40iM-A_f5u15ujwruF-raRHtTYg60SYg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 13 14:30:20 GMT 2007

"This is true. A church near me was restored by a local D-I-Y group.
The tower had ben unringable for many years and the church had been
put off by the high cost of a 'professional' restoration"

Indeed. I've been involved in patching up a number of rings of three
around here - nothing would ever have happened at these it it wasn't for
voluntary work.

I find it particularly disappointing to see comments in DAC bells
adviser reports to the effect that work should only be carried out by
professionals. Generally, if it's a case of volunteers giving their own
time and materials the church are happy to allow it and interest in the
bells often results. If they have to pay a professional bellhanger
nothing happens and the bells are left to decay further.

David Bryant
Membership & ICT Support Officer
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
1 St George's Place
York
YO24 1GN
01904 659570
david.bryant at nxVyuC59bSNnS2Vs3XO7hYzm-F1g2dGqMGe9WJ82OXLh6NbcBIi7IfUB4_g2rj1p6y2cKe5YrK2wrFQ6GGYV.yahoo.invalid,uk <blocked::mailto:david.bryant at nxVyuC59bSNnS2Vs3XO7hYzm-F1g2dGqMGe9WJ82OXLh6NbcBIi7IfUB4_g2rj1p6y2cKe5YrK2wrFQ6GGYV.yahoo.invalid,uk>

	.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5029388/grpspId=1707285820/m
sgId=11884/stime=1173795885/nc1=4438965/nc2=4299909/nc3=3848506>