[Bell Historians] Re: Stanton St John

Alan Birney alanjbirney at wC8e7b_dQyxhEe18n9OZb6jAWd2eW7TGX8r3qScytogQJ0tAbQ50oMlO1EIKuEl4oSWOu4TdLYoaSzi7TUGi4nA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 13 15:14:36 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<David.Bryant at ...> wrote:

> Indeed. I've been involved in patching up a number of rings of
three
> around here - nothing would ever have happened at these it it
wasn't for
> voluntary work.
>
> I find it particularly disappointing to see comments in DAC bells
> adviser reports to the effect that work should only be carried out
by
> professionals. Generally, if it's a case of volunteers giving
their own
> time and materials the church are happy to allow it and interest
in the
> bells often results. If they have to pay a professional bellhanger
> nothing happens and the bells are left to decay further.

         Indeed, like at Cherry Burton where that awful bloke killed
any chance of an offer of doing a renovation there- It is all swings
and roundabouts.

Alan