[Bell Historians] Re: Stanton St John

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at lE9kmgZ0rQ5Kj0BPO2EXFyzzIfFu6rLunDAs4bOsyEX-29WUYa61P1HUVSwMjVN93lF48ZOqyYvGyYknaSolhdGLt1OYbQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 13 11:10:07 GMT 2007

 The RW gave me full disclosure of the letter and an offer to reply in
the same issue.

I declined, for various reasons, the principle being researching and
writing a paper on the assessment of the strength of bell supporting
ironwork, a draft of which is in the "files" section.
I am constructing a web site on Stanton St John bells so that I can
refer to it in my RW reply to avoid long technical content, which would
probably be to much for RW publication.

The paper on the assessment of the strength of bell supporting ironwork,
has been proof read by a number of people and is currently with our
stress analysis department (responsible for aircraft safety). Once that
is done I intend offering it to the CC.

I am continuing with the church and intend covering all points raised by
a report on the bells. This report, commented by me, is in the Files
section.

Insurance is one aria where I would appreciate advice.
I have private medical insurance and am the holder of an all risks
household policy.
I spend a lot of time among bells, often alone.
There is not a lot of point in taking out insurance for claims arising
from damage I could in theory do, as I can't really imagine anything
being possible that I could not pay for, If I did it would probably have
a 50K voluntary excess.
I doubt there is any way I could get specific public liability cover as
I am all over the place. Dose anyone know different? There is no way I
am personally going to hold any church responsible for any damage I do
to my self, and with my driving my risk getting to the tower is far
grater and uninsured.
What else is there I should insure against?