[Bell Historians] Eastry Sanctus Bell

Richard Offen richard.offen at pm4ZD9wCTYJq4ABXDjltmIqN2NCci3TD7L1pso7gMw_6e5-jdvtqKlejUkTgEexET9aNL0gas1og859pvhj8PA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 21 01:38:14 GMT 2007

>       1975-wasn't it around that time that a London Company turned
> light eight in Kent into dustbins, that had to be replaced by a
fine
> Taylor eight in the 1990's?
>
> Alan

Ha ha!

Quite true.   In fairness, they were a very uninspiring eight before
tuning commenced (I know, I rang loads of peals on them) and were
even worse after!

The bell I referred to was brand new and was a vicitm of having been
cast at a time when its founders were not producing a product which,
in my opinion, can hold a candle to bells that firm had produced
previously, or since.   Eastry were never a well tuned five and
sounded even worse after the old, cracked fourth was replaced!

Clearly the mid-70s was not a good period for SOME bell tuning!