[Bell Historians] Eastry Sanctus Bell

David Bryant davidbryant at _B0oManE60OaxYwe8jLDZXSRkBt8T0-DtPTYMlK0r2mNP5wdADG63P_PR5VVEjr6h3hA8lb5N7dhkYdOKuh4QR4yCg.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 21 17:37:56 GMT 2007

"Dodds' Hertfordshire gives back eight 1919 and two trebles 1946. His
description of treble bell tops would suggest that they are not button
tops?"

How does he describe them? I've not seen the bells but I would guess that
they will be flange tops. Button tops, as used on Buoy Bells, consist of a
circular flange supported only by a hollow central pillar. Bells hung for
change ringing always, in my experience, have flange tops which are similar
but with additional supporting pillars between the flange and the crown of
the bell.