Arising from Eastry Sanctus and 3rds (both of them)

Richard Offen richard.offen at iF0Wb1hupeMlsHtZUvfc3X_mGq676P5yyeq5fogejXVk-7zi8vsqoQEEbUql1XkOqx2gEssQhB997oNmi4h47O-8eWA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 23 12:47:27 GMT 2007

 They had the saga of the third [including consultation with me - any
excuse to go to Canterbury]; anything else they passed on to Richard -
 which he passed on to the late, great Nick Davies - and it seems
that the saga of the frame etc., which has certainly been going on
seriously for over ten years is about to be solved in the time of
Brian Butcher!  I shall keep my fingers crossed for them, and I guess
Richard will as well!

> DLC

I certainly do!

However, I am pleased to report that my memory is not quite as bad as
at first thought:  I have it on no less an authority than Matthew
Higby the the present third at Eastry is a true-harmonic bell with
very sharp hum note ...an attempt at old style tuning I'd have said!

Richard

PS.   Father David and I have been great friends for far too long to
even think of trying to out-shine each other - besides, his knowledge
in these matters is far greater than mine and his memory for detail
incredible!