André Lehr

Bill Hibbert bill at U1jA83FxtcCnM72JDJTSKUIytE6hzTmyUAWgVO2A5-Qq8JD2JczZ41GdrKcKqPDi-n_vdljoEPAfJQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 29 11:19:46 BST 2007

I've just read the news that André Lehr has died. I am saddened and
shocked, I was exchanging emails with him only a few weeks ago. He
knew more about bell acoustics that anyone I have ever met. He brought
together both scientific understanding and approach, and practical
knowledge and experience. He was generous with his knowledge, not only
publishing extensively for half a century so that all could benefit
from his understanding, but also being willing to enter into
correspondence to explain and to educate. Some of his publications
were only available in Dutch and so are not as well known in the UK as
they should be.

Bill H