Re: [Bell Historians] André Lehr

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at KYAgoavbx8LneqXZRVgayy5orYO_0w9qIjiRoCBGzw70_ReJZGWA_XmdFOhyG6ZfAIsOFm48qFv-zGAQp3F-F8jWhQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 29 16:53:51 BST 2007

Would anyone be prepared to translate his books into English?
AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Hibbert
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:19 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] André Lehr

  I've just read the news that André Lehr has died. I am saddened and
  shocked, I was exchanging emails with him only a few weeks ago. He
  knew more about bell acoustics that anyone I have ever met. He brought
  together both scientific understanding and approach, and practical
  knowledge and experience. He was generous with his knowledge, not only
  publishing extensively for half a century so that all could benefit
  from his understanding, but also being willing to enter into
  correspondence to explain and to educate. Some of his publications
  were only available in Dutch and so are not as well known in the UK as
  they should be.

  Bill H