Buckland Dinham

Dennis Powney dennis.powney at _LNHqw-BB8v8q4QmrcB4gKePCAxkrKO9Kqk2lDeJtvS7_UT3NXGP49tEYt7b_yzzJr94EEhp6E5qV0UmtSga86L6.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 10 15:13:06 BST 2007

Matthew Higby writes that, 'The 6 were last rung in around 1955.
A peal of mixed doubles was rung at Bromham, Wilts on July 28th 1956 by the ringers from Buckland Dinham and nearby.  As a result of this peal a friendship arose between the Bromham and Buckland Dinham ringers and the Bromham band visited Buckland church on a weekday evening (Date unknown, but may have been before the peal?).  This was my first 'tower grab' outside of Bromham, having been taught to ring there in 1952.  Why the Buckland ringers chose to ring a peal at Bromham I do not know?  I did not realise that I may have been one of the last to ring on the old six.
Dennis Powney.