Chewton Mendip

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at 5cdGGkc15vZ7C6sZlXxM5zi-kPy3GNcyn8Wc_lW6ybd397MUVO99OL-TGaE1v_Zd19j_V6eis8F-SqiR64a3.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 14 22:40:07 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Philip Denton
<philip_denton at ...> wrote:

>>   There seem to be conflicting accounts of the details of the pre-
1913 bells. Is there a definitive version? The old notice at the base
of the tower gives the following:

>   1. T. Mears, 1825
>   2. Thomas Pennington, 1627
>   3. Thomas Pennington, 1627
>   4. Thomas Bilbie, 1753
>   5. Thomas Bilbie, 1725 (the 5 reversed)
>   6. Inscription mutilated - no founder or date given
>
>   PD

There is a photo of them in the Tony Clayton collection of bell
photos that George Dawson has.  I am sure George would post it on
this site or e.mail same to Philip.
>  What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis
of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail
Championship.