[Bell Historians] Buckland St. Mary

David Bryant davidbryant at e_huTbpQ7XoElOjBXbdE5geyGwTK-_33aBqoLSg_6nChBEzB90gKT4P_1nUi9iBhoJztpmVp3dKq47CF_0wzzQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 18 08:03:50 BST 2007

"Im afraid I can't shed much light on the bells at Buckland St. Mary, but 1 of 5 and 2 of 5 I have listed as Mears & Stainbank 1915(from CJP) probably now 2 and 3 of 6, so 1 of 6 probably isn't George Mears as listed on Dove, perhaps our moderator will know."

Never been there, I'm afraid. I remember George Massey telling me that the details of these bells in the Walters manuscript are completely wrong - apparently it was a tower Walters wasn't particularly interested in so he got the details from foundry (Whitechapel, I believe) records. Problem was, he got Buckland in Surrey.