[Bell Historians] Half-pull Ringing

Andrew Aspland aaspland at -Kv5CGaESJw7WN4hET1yeVhYi1ogqeRwjFObYueTBFHFtO3-Ve1EpFU-B2SnBUtO4E27qox0CRz7kINY8g.yahoo.invalid
Sun Nov 18 12:39:52 GMT 2007

In 1902 Bell News published brief details of the condition and ringing at
towers with eight or more bells.  A phrase often seen is "no half-pull
ringing" and during this time there are other references in letters to
half-pull ringing.  This does not appear to be because the bells were hung
or roped differently so is it a reference to the capabilities of the band?
Andrew
  -----Original Message-----
  From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Edward W Martin
  Sent: 18 November 2007 10:28
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Half-pull Ringing

  --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland" <aaspland at ...>
  wrote:

  > Because the series of books finishes with the eighteenth century and
  I am
  > asking about the early twentieth century AND surely the whole point of
  > studying history is that there is not always one definitive answer.
  > Andrew

  I have just got copy of the Bell News CD and can't read it at home
  because my bran new computer has 'Vista' (which in error I thought was
  a mere update of 'Windows' - but it aint
  I can read the CD at the library...Which particular page reference did
  you have in mind? I'm all for a bit of speculating.

  mew