[Bell Historians] Re: Re; St Patrick's, Melbourne

Peter Humphreys pfh at b2coTS594HGFWPwSSs-1P1m0G-Gwncvh653u_cJvp65v8rrcoYNF4tOJ0A39VrVRc5xpb_U4K276Dg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 8 15:54:12 BST 2007

> [:)] And w.r.t. to them being hung anti-clockwise, I thought it was
> linked to the direction water goes down the plug-hole down under.
> Phil

The stripes in sallies spiral the other way down here too :-)

So does this mean that ropes (all ropes?) are twisted that way too?
Peter

Which would make them far more comfy for left-handed ringers.
Anne

At the cost of being less comfy to the vast majority of ringers?
Peter

(Perhaps we should use 'left-hand' rope on bells rung by left-hand ringers
and vice-versa?)