[Bell Historians] Re: Re; St Patrick's, Melbourne

Richard Offen richard.offen at AhYLsSPQA5jaklVCSmMiESWXs8Sh3G0ee_JzhMhG52IxKsNnfyMGtvzu4j_JhvDFMhuvs9na_TWiLZnVFxRaMUz8rCvN.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 8 23:59:34 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX)
(UK)" <roderic.bickerton at ...> wrote:

> Why? the whole point of a wool sally is to give a smooth soft thing to
> grip and pull. if you could feel which way it was wound it would not
be
> doing that.

Honestly!   I do worry about you lot at times!   It was a joke!

Ropes are twisted exactly the same way in the Southern Hemisphere as
they are in the Northern.   However water definitely DOES go down the
plughole the opposite way - that's a fact of physics, not a joke!

Richard