[Bell Historians] Halifax

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at M0-E0vhx0DY6KRfBTtubjfdvQnfLHQFmAGDeLqBIfmc6ASZ68agaN1E65rdgyLkSlvNlW-5vu5cUJmiN.yahoo.invalid
Sun Sep 2 15:42:19 BST 2007

Hello George,

Thanks for the information George.  It is true - how much one does not
know about ones own (adopted) country!

Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a lovely city and the explosion in WWI did not
destroy everything.

It is only a short hop to Halifax from Vancouver, about 8 hours by
plane, so I do not get there too often.

There is an old joke here that one gentleman's son from the UK was
flying from London to Halifax, and so the UK gentleman called his
brother in Vancouver and asked for his son to be picked up.  The
Vancouver brother answered "You pick him up.  You're closer"!

Best wishes

Alan