[Bell Historians](was) Vancouver

David Cawley dave at VtyWmb8PESQk_h-ZGq06kUdlzVzfTdKCj_bH-AHJx-Czkhx8c2Vv4UJ4NCjNqB1gVw3nRP2FOfC05qQaPDx8RkGs4xN1cA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 3 19:42:25 BST 2007

No, I don't know about Granville, or the tubular chimes. I think I may have missed something as I was moderated (by Yahoo! not by David !) and have received no bell historians' stuff for a week - John Camp's article in the RW rather led me to believe gthat nothing of interest had occured.

You will see that the said RW contains GAD's kind review of "The Church Bells of the Channel Islands" - thanks to allo those who have so far supoorted the publication; not a penny in it for me, all profits to the W&P Bell Restoration Fund.

Cheers

  From: Alan Ellis
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 4:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Vancouver

  Hello George,

  What does your crystal ball tell you about the bells of Vancouver and environs?

  We know of Holy Rosary Cathedral, of course, and the Taylor 42 cwt. 8 at St. James Granville (hung dead unfortunately).  Also the 8 tubular bells in St. Helen Surrey.  There is another chime in one of the two churches on Burrard Street but I know nothing of them.  We also know of the former 25 cwt. Mears 8 at Holy Trinity Pro-Cathedral, New Westminster, now only the old 3rd remaining.

  Any more information per chance?

  Many thanks in advance.

  Best wishes

  Alan Ellis