[Bell Historians] Re: Vancouver

john maloney mary_maloney01 at I2SgRFN2MFPddehRlIkKeGNIGpkziRs1j3QoB3AnU5RUnGpDyx38EGQn4JjWsRfDDqewbwAnj2OUqPndq6XUXm4X.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 6 05:39:47 BST 2007

I Agree Carl, The !2 Bell O'Byrne Chime At S.T. Cathages Cathedral lismore
(100  years old last month) were not deddicated till june 1911 but 9 were
cast in 1908 and 3 in 1909 ...it will be an interesting choice as to when to
celebrate the centenary of this chime ..1908..1909..or 1911 when they were
dedicated and 1st rang out .
john .m

>From: Carl S Zimmerman <csz_stl at DE51zh0u0z3tXjVhcZL4sV-lS_Zy0eEYfh7Oy1MVZQMd0GIhAds8D9fF6BcXQz7S7J_0VzCVsfI.yahoo.invalid>
>To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Vancouver
>Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:24:33 -0500
>
>At 12:05 +0100 07/09/05, Chris Pickford wrote:
> >Regarding date discrepancies for Vancouver (and other jobs), it's
> >not always possible to know from foundry records, press reports and
> >other sources is what date is actually cast on a bell or set of
> >bells. That's only to be determined from actual inscriptions ...
>

>Very true!  But even inscriptions can be confusing.  Not long ago I
>learned of a set of bells which carry two dates - both the year of
>casting (with the foundry inscription) and the year of dedication
>(with the donor's inscription).

Advertisement: Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveShow. Tour & tix details here
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=809&referral=hotmailtagline&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/justintimberlake