[Bell Historians] Re: Vancouver

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at vQqosboaYvaIprdeJKia09Fiw1m7kssQMFVbrGDIDTsbjWNpgcCBc3hyYZaMHcwRfY53HvFXTzr3GCM.yahoo.invalid
Thu Sep 6 02:24:33 BST 2007

At 12:05 +0100 07/09/05, Chris Pickford wrote:
>Regarding date discrepancies for Vancouver (and other jobs), it's
>not always possible to know from foundry records, press reports and
>other sources is what date is actually cast on a bell or set of
>bells. That's only to be determined from actual inscriptions ...

Very true!  But even inscriptions can be confusing.  Not long ago I
learned of a set of bells which carry two dates - both the year of
casting (with the foundry inscription) and the year of dedication
(with the donor's inscription).