[Bell Historians] Re: Vancouver

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at xty10W57_usobn-CLFQdbuiTg1BJu-j75foMQikIUgj8pXz8zX_UO00IeqwKNGHAVF668UXC6Fhzs8SGTm-OWAck.yahoo.invalid
Wed Sep 12 07:09:10 BST 2007

I am replying to you on behalf of Margaret Ketchen who is out of town
at the
moment.

Having returned from (another) hour of climbing around the bells, I
report
the following dates, cast into our bells - from the Tenor up:
Tenor     Mears & Stainbank Founders, London  1935
9        M. & S.  London 1935
8        M. & S.  London 1935
7        M. & S.  London 1935
6        M. & S.  London 1935
5        M. & S.  London 1935
4        M. & S.  London 1936
3        M. & S.  London 1936
2        1982  Whitechapel
Treble  1982    Whitechapel

A complete listing of all inscriptions cast in to the bells is
attached.

Hope this serves your purposes

Yours sincerely

C. Stephen Smith
Victoria Bellringer

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Alan Ellis <alan_ellis at ...>
wrote:

> Hello Chris et al,
>
> I can now confirm that Victoria, Christ Church Cathedral, are all
1935.

> Best wishes
>
> Alan Ellis
>

> Chris Pickford wrote:
> >

> > Regarding date discrepancies for Vancouver (and other jobs), it's
not
> > always possible to know from foundry records, press reports and
other
> > sources is what date is actually cast on a bell or set of bells.
That's