Vancouver, was Yukon

George Dawson george at HCzT41EXmdHo2dyrSod-xPjBeFjmWvI-1s6SBtSQCLJ_4IhWTkE88dT-zkwOc833UiSxgFwzPCikzJQG6C6Mc6CnRuI.yahoo.invalid
Sun Sep 16 08:48:32 BST 2007

Hi,
Thanks for this. I'll check the inscription books at Taylors when I'm in
there next time (off to Germany for 10 days tomorrow).
Regards
George

Hello George,

Although I got to see the bell relatively close up today, one cannot see
all the way round as it is suspended from a beam and the public is on an
adjacent catwalk in front of the Smith clock. There is no access round
the back.

I can confirm that it is John Taylor and Sons 1909 (I know we knew
that). It also says something like "G. E. Storey, Jeweler". I'm not
too sure about the S in Storey as it is a highly decorative letter.

Best wishes

Alan

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5029388/grpspId=1707285820/msgId
=12860/stime=1189911272/nc1=4840955/nc2=3848500/nc3=4763757>