[Bell Historians] Perspectives

Andrew Aspland aaspland at vNqhI9_TzWc4l0tLYDhNizdQZZL_mPfOmKfRcOSR1MaTen1b-abDn6CE2CregLv3Fwe6xMIhigDmfw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 18 21:08:31 BST 2007

Mark, thank you for your definitions.  On reflection I hope I have always
given advice and not opinion!  It seems to be that a broad base of knowledge
and experience is required - would that be one of your qualifications for a
DAC bell advisor?

However sometimes one has to ask the questions that may not have been
considered - "Who is going to ring the bells?" is a valid question - but the
answer does not have to be a local band practising and performing on a
weekly basis - that is not true of all our existing towers (Westminster
Abbey and Windsor Castle for a start!).

Is it opinion to have a presumption against rehanging full-circle bells for
chiming only?  The (perceived) needs of PCC may be just that but is that the
end of the story?

Andrew