[Bell Historians] Perspectives

Mark Regan markregan at 0zHYBl7yGeO77_3i28WId2rNUfobkkTpuGMilEq4xwVFXFpCcNgV4Sa2Thfi1GpTgP8hPksfkWlQDq0.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 18 21:21:20 BST 2007

Thanks Andrew

The key thing is to put the customer first and not your own views; and
offering other 'perspectives' may help get a balanced and practical
result. It's up to the PCC/ringers to decide what they want, and the DAC
to help, and the Chancellor to rule.

There's plenty of evidence to prove that new bells create new ringers.
However, the old concept of a 'Sunday service band' is very much out of
date. Many ringers have more than one home tower, many bells are rung
occasionally and not every Sunday - however they are being rung, and
increased social mobility has changed how ringing works. The constructs
of Diocesan or County units is outdated. Structures created in the
nineteenth century have little relevance to the future of ringing in
2007.

Back to work.

Mark

Mark Regan