Ipswich St Mary le Tower old 9th

Bill Hibbert bill at RbAlqgDrOwJpF42wdQzgnuphImtCtO9LJcJSYAfAlqYCV0eCKITwFkcjZiRMfgxLmzjHoEOwPDRkBedI.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 2 09:51:51 BST 2008

This bell, of which I have a recording thanks to Steve Ivin, features
in my PhD thesis because it has interesting characteristics from an
acoustical if not a musical perspective. It was cast by Warners in
1866 and replaced by Taylors in 1999.

Michael Wilby's '12 bell' website suggests that it is still in the
tower - I had assumed it would have been boiled up. Does anyone know
if in fact the bell still exists?

Cheers,

Bill H