Nominal or hum

Andrew Higson andrew-higson at rlYa9ZaLCYlEWq5Lypdcp1rw3XPPsjr-bg47Ysc0kuAg-XGUUrwQATgKXOuO9tK8dlIbXhg1EF_QJ_RgsM-hzAZa7yAE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 15 08:43:08 BST 2008

John Baldwin and I have been discussing the best way to display the
details of the new carillon bells at the Minster in the Dove entry.

One thing we are unsure about is how best to show the pitch of the
smallest bells, this being because their pitch is more determined by the
hum than the nominal. In fact the nominals of these small bells are very
weak and almost un-measurable.

In the Taylor records we show the hum for the smaller bells; would this
cause confusion or would it be better to put a hypothetical 4xhum note
value?

We would welcome your comments.

TIA

Andrew Higson

Taylors Eayre and Smith Ltd

The Bellfoundry

Freehold Street

Loughborough

LE11 1AR

Telephone: 01509 212241 Fax: 01509 263305 Registered in England No.
1352309