[Bell Historians] Weymouth Bell

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at c9LFhhzjp8WxYJVF99YVpJZJdw3dIq2by5rlauykKyK_tSxgu9m0U66cbsRR99ph_6Z3Y1HMlffcYjVmbZaqEPg0SLuc1gA.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 21 01:31:24 BST 2008

When I thought I had "discovered" this bell about ten years ago, it was in the old Brewery shopping mall in Weymouth. I mentioned it to Christopher Dalton in some excitement only to find that - of course! - he already knew all about it. Indeed, I believe (though I may be confusing it with another) it is the same bell that he illustrates in his book in a splendid photo showing it surrounded by cardboard boxes in a store!

Dalton's "Dorset" is still available - and it should be in the library of anyone interested in bell history. You certainly don't just need to be interested in Dorset to find this particular bell book of immense value and interest - and it's entertaining in places too!

Incidentally, CD's obituary appeared in the Guardian last week.

CJP