[Bell Historians] Weymouth Bell

Ted Steele ted.steele at IDBNJRZXzLD6J8EGrT-zfei4Jv_xD9_oKl-CIiq1Y0wJUjTsGDprjtUkfkuHzbTge8QtbAjUlFasWwB4.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 21 10:56:39 BST 2008

The museum where I saw this bell is within the same old brewery complex
so it is definitely the same bell and it must have been lying around for
much longer than even the exhibits officer believed. I was never under
any illusion that I had "discovered" the bell (and I don't think CJP is
suggesting that) and felt sure that it would be well known by
historians. The lack of information at the museum is however odd and I
was hopeful of being able to gather something useful for them if their
own records prove unhelpful. The possibility of a link with Radipole
remains, although perhaps it is a red herring.

Ted