Bell Hanger, Chepstow.

John Paul Adams J.Adams at 5D026R0pT6ZMwxMKIT9PyvhIxFqbz8iTnsDBnqu0BJGVn8EwTzZNHDkDub1YpvgLaM2OaxjPrrVDNy4.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 21 11:50:14 BST 2008

Further to my message a few weeks ago about the new Wetherspoons pub in
Chepstow, I managed to visit there yesterday on the way home from the
CAMRA Members' Weekend in Cardiff.

The address is 9-10 St Mary Street and the rear of the building overlooks
the church. It is basically a red brick shell of an old building spanning
two plots but with a new interior for the pub.

The history panel says that number 9 was occupied from 1851 until 1889 by
Richard Hawkesford, an "ironmonger, bell hanger and nailer." This is where
the pub gets its name from.

John.

--
   John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
         University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.