[Bell Historians] Bell Hanger, Chepstow.

Anne Willis zen16073 at t_P4Zl5qQlTJuUzlhUkLzI70nP0-5iUvHALVc3hNjdZ1iJRYQay9g8U8plRmub4tLE7xQrIQOrgL9KEatQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 21 16:09:07 BST 2008

On Behalf Of John Paul Adams
Subject: [Bell Historians] Bell Hanger, Chepstow.

Further to my message a few weeks ago about the new Wetherspoons pub in
Chepstow, I managed to visit there yesterday on the way home from the
CAMRA Members' Weekend in Cardiff.

The address is 9-10 St Mary Street and the rear of the building overlooks
the church. It is basically a red brick shell of an old building spanning
two plots but with a new interior for the pub.

The history panel says that number 9 was occupied from 1851 until 1889 by
Richard Hawkesford, an "ironmonger, bell hanger and nailer." This is where
the pub gets its name from.

John.

I have seen several adverts in various Wiltshire papers advertising similar
services.

Anne