[Bell Historians] Eltisley (was:Towers with ropes out of order)

John Baldwin Dovemaster at JAO9nIbsliwn6qXDZNbdmZnnXgoHZiQRwDymAVv6CsAMJybXD-LYiPtal-xvPkw6ExEaqqpQ0Lt8PVuGoAcDoPXUCg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 1 11:06:20 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX
GALILEO, UK)" <Roderic.Bickerton at ...> wrote:

> I  had a word with Chris Higgins.
> Apparently they were condemned by john Gipson in the late '90's
while he was bell adviser.
> According to Chris they want rehanging, but apart from not having
been looked at since, they would probably still work.
> Chris Higgins is working with that group of parishes, and expects at
> some stage to try to get something moving.
> He has a remarkable track record of recovering unringable bells, so
> there must be an excellent chance they won't stay unringable.
> Rod.
> Two quarters were rung at Eltisley in 1984 & published in the RW on
> pages 262 & 1052. Two others are on pages 157 & 1166 in 1991 so
> unringability must have been sometime after this date.
> AAJB.

My records show that the u/r flag in Dove was added 17/01/2005

John